Site icon Indonesian Updates

NTT governor thanks NTB, Bali for post-quake support

Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara (ANTARA) – East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) Governor Emanuel Melkiades Laka Lena thanked both governors of West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) and Bali for visiting and supporting residents affected by the 7.7-magnitude earthquake in East Manggarai District.

“On behalf of the people and government of NTT, we thank them. Support from our brothers and sisters in NTB and Bali means a lot,” Laka Lena said in a statement received here on Friday.

The visit to the affected area in Manggarai District, East Nusa Tenggara, reflected solidarity under the Bali-NTB-NTT Regional Cooperation, which brought the three provinces together to support residents still sheltering after the earthquake.

The presence of West Nusa Tenggara and Bali governors has strengthened affected communities. Laka Lena said Home Affairs Minister Tito Karnavian has cited the three provinces as an example of solid regional cooperation.

“The minister told me the three provinces are the clearest example of truly solid cooperation,” he added.

Related news: BNPB receives Air Force, Jakarta aid supplies for quake-hit NTT

Earlier on Thursday, West Nusa Tenggara Governor Lalu Muhamad Iqbal and Laka Lena met the residents in Satar Padut Village, East Manggarai. Iqbal and Laka Lena, together with Bali Governor I Wayan Koster, inspected the main earthquake response post.​​​​​​​

Iqbal and Laka Lena arrived in East Manggarai aboard an Indonesian Army Bell 412 ER helicopter, registration HA-5185, from Komodo Airport in Labuan Bajo.

In Satar Padut, Iqbal said his province’s experience with disasters had helped its residents to understand what people in East Nusa Tenggara were experiencing. He said his visit conveyed solidarity beyond delivering aid.

“We in NTB have experienced what you are going through. We understand your feeling; but we must remain patient, strong, and determined,” Iqbal added.

He urged the residents to remain resilient through the difficult period and maintain their determination to recover.

“We came as brothers and sisters, bringing a message from NTB that you are not alone. We are strong and will face this with determination to recover,” he said.​​​​​​​

Related news: NTT earthquake death toll rises to 75: BNPB

Iqbal then visited five evacuation sites, meeting residents, hearing their needs, as well as distributing food, blankets, tarpaulins, and boxed meals. The governors also handed bread, milk, and chocolate to children.​​​​​​​

Iqbal was accompanied by NTB’s Communications and Information Agency Chief and government spokesman Ahsanul Khalik, NTB’s Disaster Mitigation Agency Chief Sadimin, and Health Agency Chief Hamzi Fikri.

The delegation also included NTB Welfare Bureau Chief Amir and members of the NTB KR-BNN Solidarity Team.

The inspection of five evacuation sites continued until evening prayer time. Iqbal then returned to the NTB KR-BNN Solidarity Team post at Lamba Leda 1 Junior High School.

Related news: Govt mobilizes six ambulance helicopters for remote emergency aid

Translator: Nur I, Rahmad Nasution
Editor: Fransiska Ninditya
Copyright © ANTARA 2026

Exit mobile version